Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Polaris manufacturers

Hi,
    i needed some info about a Polaris Freedom i bought my wife on 2 September last (the day Polaris stopped manufacturing there skis). It was her first ski and i will be planning no getting her a bigger ski this year,but with Polaris being devalued i wont get a good price for it on a trade in. I've been told that since then Polaris have been giving cash back on their skis, because of this devaluation. Could some one advise me on who to contact about this.
    THANX

Re: Info on Polaris manufacturers

I sincerely doubt that Polaris is handing back any money to buyers of its skis (the are honoring all warranties through the runoff period), but their website address is polarisindustries.com. Maybe check there?

Good luck on your efforts. Post back if there'e any substance to what you were told. I'm sure there are others who would like to know about it.

Comment

I also have not heard anywhere that current users get anything. I know most new skis still in a showroom are deeply discounted, that's all though.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you for your feed back, it was just a thought anyway. I feel a bit cheeted, if i had to have known they were going to stop production i would have thought twice or got the dealer to knock off a bit of discount. I still think its was unfair of them not to tell anyone before they quit manufacturing. Its a lost cause, and i'll just have to take it on the chin. But if anyone can still help, i'm going to send them an email anyway, what the hell i'll give anything a go.

Comment

Well, there has to be a line somewhere. Even if they announced it a week prior, those that bought a week and a day prior would say the same thing.

You bought the ski based on it's value and appeal to you, and Polaris will still warranty your purchase. I don't think you can ask for more.

Comment

And IMO they're still dang good boats. Basically well built, simple to work on.

Comment

I'm not saying that the ski is a bad ski, infact the very opposite, its a good ski. But when i bought it i wasnt planning on keeping the ski. It was for the wife to begin on, then i was going to trade it in this year for a bigger ski for her. I bought the ski on the day Polaris stopped manufacturing, Polaris knew they were stopping, i didnt. If you can see my point of view, they caught me and i'd say alot of other people in my situation.

Comment

No, I didn't intend to imply that you said it was a bad ski. I'm just wishing they hadn't stopped making them.

And hey, you may have a very valid point in a court. Worth checking out.

Comment

Folks i just got great news from my dealer. I'm getting my full rebate back on the ski. I'll have it within a month, now i'm really happy with Polaris. At least now, if anyone in the same situation as me can get there full rebate back.:)

Comment

That's great news! Did they give you any official information such as who it applies to, date ranges, etc. or was this only by request, etc.?

Comment

It's a shame that polaris has left the jetski production line and manufactoring. I have two of them and they are to me (just my opnioon) great machines. I have had them for 4 years now and have never ran into any major engine problem. I have had to replace the shafts on both once but thats all. Maintaince also helps them last of a long time. But again i think the manufactoring is great and pretty simple to work on. For us do it yourselfer's. I also didnt know they where out of busness till i read this post. Thanks for the intel guys

Comment

My dealer got onto the Polaris rep. saying it wasnt right me not getting the factory rebate, because i wasnt to know on that particular day that Polaris had finished production of marine products.
                        If anyone bought a Polaris ski on 2 september 04 or after they should get a factory rebate, if they dont, they could my satuation to argue there case.

Comment

Working...
                        X