750 slt tech qoestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 slt tech qoestions

Hello to all. Well let me get right into the prob. I have two polaris 1995 slt 750's. I have noticed that one of them burns off alot of oil into the water out of the exhuast. I look at it and it looks like a gung of oil that was not totally burned off. Some mechanic told me that it could have been that my oil pump was stuck in the open postions. I testeed his theory be timeing the oil injectors on all 3 pistons. It seemed fine at idle spitting every 1 sec and at 3-4 thousand RPM every half a sec. I Compared it with other polaris i have same model and year. Everything was ok. But the gunks of oil out the back of the exhuast i know is not right since the other one doesnt not do it. It barly leaves oil resado on water droped out of exhuast.

SEcondly on the one that is haveing this prob mentioned above. I also notice that when i leave the throttle on idle it never drops past 2500-3200 RPM. I havent adjusted any thig on the carbs or modified anything to the motor. This started to happen when i relized the oil coming out of the back. I give it choke to stall the motor till it drops below 2000 RPM and let it run normallly. Then it works fine. I shut it off and start it up again and it idles perfectly( no high idling) But if i dont start fpr a week or even 3 days i start it again and the idle is back up to its high RPM(2500-3200) I know this is not normal but have no idea what it can be.

Oh by the way i have completely tuned them up including fuel filters & new plugs. Could it be the coils that are going bad and not combusting all the oil given into the motor or maybe somthing inside the carb(dirty carb). I have no idea what these little headaches are but i hope you guys can give me some advice and some awnsers for my questions. Thanks

Re: 750 slt tech qoestions

this is a tough one huh guys. I still havnt been able to figure it out. I think it can be either somthing cought in carb or maybe dirty, SOmthing to do with the jets. Im still stuned i really dont wanna take it to a shop becouse i know tey will hammer me with a 500 bill just for a simple prob that i can fix with some good advice and ofcoarse experince in this problem.

Comment

Re: 750 slt tech qoestions

Sounds to me like you need to rebuild your carbs and install new needles and seats too.

But, first make sure both clyinders have good compression.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
      X