battery still kepps dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery still kepps dying

i've changed batteries, i've put a volt meter on while running and it's chargeing, but when ever i put it in the ski.. by the time i get to lake it's dead........it takes me forty minuetes to get to the lake.....also my mfd only works when i first put hook up the battery...once i start the boat it won't come back on most times....sometimes it will after i've benn riding for a while....but soon as i shut boat off when i start back up mfd don't come on....why does battery die in forty minutes of no use...and what is up with my mfd?????all help is greatly appreciated

Re: battery still kepps dying

with Amp meter, check for draw without engine running. If draw from battery is found, start disconecting items such as MFD until draw is stopped. Then replace part.

Comment

yea sounds like you have something running, or you have a small draw somewhere. Good luck sometimes they can be a pain to find.
      Paul

2001-Level 2 Ultra 150
      2002-1100STX DI
      2004-15F
      2002-30' Baja Outlaw

Comment

could be a dead short somewhere, I would inspect your connections and wire casings where they rub on each other or against anything else.with a multi- meter you should be able to find it.

Comment

lol or you can fix it half *** like I would and wait to get to the lake before connecting the ground.. But thats prob not a good idea. But it should allow you to run the ski (Possibly into the ground)
          98 Seadoo XP L, 04 Seadoo RXP, 96 Seadoo HX HTTP://community.webshots.com/album/109056464fXgNkM

Comment

Working...
          X