2000 virage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 virage

I just bought a 2000 polaris virage. I am trying to get running. I am getting fuel, engine crnks fine but no spark. any suggestions. Does anyone know if this thing whould have a security code or something. Or is there just a fuse I cant find.
    thanks

Re: 2000 virage

Charge or replace your battery. Best bet is just to replace it. Dying batteries will crank the engine all day long, but won't have enough juice to fire the plugs.

Also, make sure you have gas in the tank and your fuel selector switch is on either main or reserve. ;)
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I made sure all of that is working fine still no spark

Comment

Whats the situation under which you bought the craft? Might give you (and us) an idea of what to look for here and what to suggest you do...was it at a shop and wasn't running to begin with? Was it a private owner and just hasn't been run in a while since the owner shut it off the last summer?

Comment

bought it from a private owner and it has not been ran in about 8mos. it also bounced home for about 1500 mi on a trailer but all connections are good.

Comment

Snip the spark plug wires back a 1/4", try that. You also might have some bad coils.
            Dan Solie -
            04 RXP (the "Instigator")
            94 xp (freestyle mods)
            95 xp (faster than the 94)
            JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I had one in the shop over the summer that had the same symptoms it sat over the winter and would not start in the summer after the battery was charged up in the ski. It needed a ned CDI module and worked fine afterward.
              The electrical systom may be prone to failure on them if you charge the battery while in the ski.
              Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
              X