Problems w/my MSX150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems w/my MSX150

I have oil bypassing the blowoff valve and entering my intake, which is shortly followed by fouling out my sensors. This happens whenever it is turned over. Other than that it runs like a champ. The response I got from Polaris was "It's a touring ski and not made to be turned over"....well...that would've been nice to know prior to signing the checking. Anywho, capsizing isn't normal, but when I'm pulling a tube or have a rider the bouyancy decreases dramatically. I would just like a lil input as to how I might fix this. PLEASE HELP...no one else seems to be able to.
    -Mike

Re: Problems w/my MSX150

Don't take this wrong, but if its not made be be flipped over then you really are not having a problem.

Don't flip it.

Comment

Whenever my ski is gonna capsize I jump off before it turns upside down. A friend of mine had a HX a couple of years back that he capsized constantly, and whenever he capsized it, I didnt run the same for a lil while. I dont think its good to turn any engine upside down. I have a nitro R/C and even when it turns upside down, the motor runs dangerously lean. Ive went through about a dozen motors in it from turning it upside down and couldnt flip it back in time. You should try bailing off the ski and not holding on long enough to capsize it.

just my uneducated, lowly respected opinion.
      98 Seadoo XP L, 04 Seadoo RXP, 96 Seadoo HX HTTP://community.webshots.com/album/109056464fXgNkM

Comment

Good point, Jump off...thanks, but I figured that one out. My problem isn't that it runs poorly for a while it's that the sensors MALFUNCTION. Which sounds to me like a manufaturers defect. The sensors get clogged from the oil and short out at which point the computer sends a code to the engine telling it not to run at optimal performance; period! I know I should have looked into this more, but even now I'm not getting much of a response to my questions as to how to fix it. That's all I want, it was my bad to purchase it not knowing everything about it. Just give me some ideas on how to prevent it other than jumping off b/c that doesn't always work and some of you admitted such by stating that yours doesn't run "well" after a capsize. I'm not going to sell it right now b/c I would lose alot. Polaris has discontinued their PWCs so whatever is left out there is going for next to nothing; which is about a quarter of the price that I paid. I'm just looking for technical input about the motor and how to bypass this DEFECT. Anyone else out there with some USEFUL information. TKS

Comment

and as for mlyn's response...I can't think of anyone that I've talked to that would think to ask whether the jetski can be overturned. It happens...this isn't a Hummer or even a bass boat it's a PWC that weighs about the same as the maximum allowed occupancy. Do the math, the odds are against us. I know there's a proper direction to turn it in the case of a capsize, so it must be pretty common. Just look on the back of your SKI. If you cant read it, stand on your head, but it's there. I'm not upset at you or the other person for their reply, but I was hoping for a lil better answer than that. Come on guys!

Comment

Do the codes eventually clear themselves or do you have to take the sensors out and clean them to fix this problem? If it resets it self after a short time period it might be a safety thing to keep you from damaging your engine. If you have to take things a part to fix it, I'd be irate for sure. If it were only a temporary thing I'd just deal with it. Like you said it's just a PWC not a Hummer.
            He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Comment

Well, I've never looked at it myself, but the 2 times that it happend it was in the shop for about a month. I've never tried to run it like that for a long period b/c it will only run at about 24mph nor have I just let it sit. The mechanic at the dealer tried to pull the sensors and clean them, but he still had to pull the engine apart to clean out all of the oil other wise it would just foul them again. I'm not sure of how much oil had spilled over they just told me it was alot. A guy the other day told me Seadoo has a valve similar to that on snorkle that prevents anything from bypassing during an overturn, but that he didn't think it was an interchangeable part. I would love to just get rid of it, but I would really lose alot, so please throw me some ideas on how to fix this. Thanks

Comment

sorry about your problem but the oil is coming from the bottom of the engine. if the dealer can't stop, us (uneducated, lowly respected) web goers won't be much help. you could always take all the oil out of the engine first. lol

***joking***
                don't run without oil
                <a href="http://www.paintballpromotions.com/member/80972" target="_blank">http://www.paintballpromotions.com/member/80972</a>

Comment

I know I'm not the only one with this problem because I two other people in my local dealer getting theirs serviced for the same reason. I was really hoping that there was someone else out there w/the same PWC that could tell me either they aren't having the problem when theirs capsized or they are and have found a cure. I know I'm not the only person that has bought one and turned it over...somebody please help. Ask around...or flag these guys down if you see them on the lake. You can't miss us the PWC looks alot like a crotch rocket...and is one of the fastest out there. TKS

Comment

Working...
                  X