Virage TX Impeller & Stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virage TX Impeller & Stator

I was just wodering if anyone had any thoughts on which impeller and stator to put on a 2000 Virage TX. I found two of the fins broken off my stator . I saw the performance setup list and it said a nu jet 7.5, but is that for a modified engine, mine is pretty much stock. I would consider buying a used stator if anybody knows where i can get one, the part number is 5132088 and is similar on many 99, 00, 01 models.

Re: Virage TX Impeller & Stator

Jetpilot - if I can offer one word of advice on your stator purchase, it would be stainless steel (ok, 2 words). You'll be spending about $225 vs $99 for the aluminum one (new prices) but you'll be glad you did, won't be coming back to it to replace again for a long time, unless you run it into gravel or something.

The Nu-jet 7.5 is too steep for your stock motor to turn efficiently. I presume you went to the Nu-Jet.com site to find the application for yours? They are very good props, are generally the same as the OEM polaris ones on many if not all models. Good bang for the buck in my opinion.

Comment

I have a 2001 TXi and the impeller that comes with the boat is perfect. It is essentially a swirl with the trailing edge of the blade squared off so a spacer is not necessary. I tried the official S/T swirl for my craft and it didn't offer anything over the stock one. I have had many Polaris and the swirls always have worked really well. I would suggest trying to get a stock impeller for the 2001. Unfortunately, they are more money than the aftermarket parts. I also agree that you shouldn't mess with anything other than a SS stator. That boat makes so much thrust that it will literally wear away the leading edges of anything but a top notch stator.

Comment

greg t, I don't know if it makes a differece but I have a 2000 TX. Do you know where I can get a SS stator? I think I can get my impellor cleaned up and it will do fine. I think I'm going to have to put this on the back burner for now I was out to day and the TX jsut shut down on me again and wouldn't even turn over after it died. IF you have any insight I would be greatful, I'm going to put a seperate post on for this problem.,

Comment

Good point. You can send your impeller to Skat Trak and they will refurbish it for about $80, as I recall. I would also contact them about the SS stator. They sell them in different configurations. The one on your stock boat should have been pretty tough, although my Sl1050 chewed one up, but it was replaced under an extended warranty. I believe my TXi has a SS one. The only difference between your boat and mine, besides the FI, is the exahust pipe. Mine is a linear power model and yours has the big kick at about 4000 RPM. I believe the total power of the two craft are very similar.

I don't know what to say about the freeze up. You might have seized a motor. I would try removing the plugs and see if you can turn the engine by hand. If so, you may not be in big trouble. With the plugs out, you should be able to turn it easily. I just grab the drive shaft with my hands and turn. You might have to take the intake grate off. I removed the center bar on mine so I can always reach in with it on.

Comment

Thanks for all your input. I tore into the engine and found the mag cylinder to be in pretty bad shape. I'm going to start a new thread with pics I'll be glad to hear you're take on it.

Comment

Working...
            X