Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner of a '95 Polaris SLT750

Hi everyone ...

New to the site and new to owning a jetski. I just bought the 1995 SLT750 from my friend's old girlfriend and now I need to learn about it. Where do I go to get the info I need and what do I do to maintain and service it? I have seen the mention of a fuel pump modification and wondered if that is recommended. This jet ski runs really good once you get it going. It does have a problem starting though. You have to pull the choke and pump the throttle as fast as you can several times for a long time before it catches. Not sure if anyone has any recommendations on that issue. What spark plugs are recommended? And could I beef the plugs up to the NGK Iridium Plug?

So if anyone has any information that they can send via email for this model or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Forums such as this are extremely valuable.

Re: New Owner of a '95 Polaris SLT750

parker yamaha sells a genuine polaris update kit for the flame arrester. i bought one. new flame arrester new jets,adapters,oil lines etc, really nice only 50 bucks. they also sell an updated drive shaft assy. make sure it has a high volume fuel pump or an aditional pump. i used a hexagon shaped pump with dual outputs,teed it in between carbs. make sure your fuel line ristricter is still in place. its inside your fuel return hose, about an inch are so from hose clamp held in place with zip tie. without it you will run lean.there is no accelerator pump on the carbs. just for good measure do a compression check.and a plug chop check to see how lean or rich your high speed circuit is. dont want to ventalate a piston. i like these old boats, they spin,slide do 360s etc. engines are expensive though.triple fuji instead of domestic 700 twin. my wifes sl700 runs better then my slt750. but i have more pistons then she does. a guy thing. good luck:)

Comment

Working...
    X