Triple outlet plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple outlet plumbing

Just picked up a triple outlet pump for my 650. I dont see a reason why this plumbing wouldnt work, but wanted to make sure. It's slightly different from the one posted in the tech articles, but I have found running hoses to be much simpler this way. This will work right?
    Attached Files
    Got Wake!

Re: Triple outlet plumbing

I've got a SL750 and plumbed it the way your pix shows. I ran it all last summer and it worked just great. I didn't know there was another way until I searched other posts ( all pix were confusing and not really clear).

But !!!! I first mounted it in the same place as the original (on the engine). It ran OK in the driveway but wouldn't start in the water as there was air in the lines.

So.......had to mount it (as low as posible) on the RH hull support web and that solved the problem.

I got mine from perfmoto.com and it came with larger diameter clear (see through) fuel lines than the original lines.

I capped off the un-needed ports (lines) using the original fuel lines with small bolts inserted and 1/4 in clamps.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks dierdorf. The raised hookup on the middle of the pump is the pulse line right? Im actually having a really hard time getting it started out of water. Does it just take a long time the first time everything is hooked up to get fuel in the system? Ive killed one battery so far trying. It doesnt even look like fuel is getting into the throats of the carbs. Ive pulled a line and watched fuel come out of the nip on the pump just fine. Using the lowest 65gram springs with 2.0 N/S. Very frustrating. Any advice?
      Got Wake!

Comment

Originally posted by ski_guy
        Thanks dierdorf. The raised hookup on the middle of the pump is the pulse line right? Im actually having a really hard time getting it started out of water. Does it just take a long time the first time everything is hooked up to get fuel in the system? Ive killed one battery so far trying. It doesnt even look like fuel is getting into the throats of the carbs. Ive pulled a line and watched fuel come out of the nip on the pump just fine. Using the lowest 65gram springs with 2.0 N/S. Very frustrating. Any advice?
        What is your compression? If you pour a little gas down the throat of the carbs, does it start right up? If so, you may benefit from a fuel primer system.

Doug

Comment

Compression is great and spark is big and blue. I'll try the gas down the carbs, but I never needed a primer before. The pulse line is the raised one in the middle of the pump right? Just want to narrow out the pump before I move to carbs...again. Thanks.
          Got Wake!

Comment

Compression is great and spark is big and blue. I'll try the gas down the carbs, but I never needed a primer before. The pulse line is the raised one in the middle of the pump right? Just want to narrow out the pump before I move to carbs...again. Thanks.
            Yes, pulse is usually in the center. On the back of the pump, there should be arrows indicating the flow of fuel.

Doug

Comment

Tried putting gas down the throat of each carb and it fired right up! Ran it for a few seconds and shut it off. Ran it a few more times without adding fuel manually down the throats and it ran great. Im hoping it just needed that small amount of priming to get the amount of vacuum it needed. It ran for a total of about 1 minute, stopping in betwwen of course to cool. I doubt that much gas would run that long without carbs delivering fuel. I'll run it on the hose tomorrow and make sure, that way I can run it longer to confirm the carbs are working. What do you think? Thanks again for the help.
              Got Wake!

Comment

Tried putting gas down the throat of each carb and it fired right up! Ran it for a few seconds and shut it off. Ran it a few more times without adding fuel manually down the throats and it ran great. Im hoping it just needed that small amount of priming to get the amount of vacuum it needed. It ran for a total of about 1 minute, stopping in betwwen of course to cool. I doubt that much gas would run that long without carbs delivering fuel. I'll run it on the hose tomorrow and make sure, that way I can run it longer to confirm the carbs are working. What do you think? Thanks again for the help.
                Just as I thought, sometimes there isn't enough vacuum to pull enough gas into the carb. Putting a little bit directly into the carb usually takes care of it. Purchase a kit like the one below, and you'll be set.

http://http://www.parkeryamaha.com/i...D&ProdID=17769

Doug

Comment

My pump has arrows clearly marked showing the Fuel In port the 3 Out ports and the top one is the pulse line.

As for starting it sound like carb adjustments .See attachment .

Then try Full choke, Full throttle until it fires, then choke till it clears and runs.

Hope this helps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ran it on the hose today and it ran great for several minutes. Carbs are tuned and it starts on the first try, no choke or throttle...finally. Here is a pick of the pump. I have an arrow where my pulse line is hooked up, the only one uncapped in the pic. It must be right because I have no problems with fuel and it starts and revs just fine. Thanks for all the help everyone.
                    Attached Files
                    Got Wake!

Comment

Ran it on the hose today and it ran great for several minutes. Carbs are tuned and it starts on the first try, no choke or throttle...finally. Here is a pick of the pump. I have an arrow where my pulse line is hooked up, the only one uncapped in the pic. It must be right because I have no problems with fuel and it starts and revs just fine. Thanks for all the help everyone.
                      It may start fine when it's warm, but when the engine is cold, you may still have some issues.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                      X