slt no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slt no spark

this is a 95 slt750 no spark whatsoever I've replaced the stator, cdi, the coils the circuit board. still no spark
    I've removed the kill switch and the sensors from the circuit, still no spark
    I'm beginning to see why they quit building watercraft.
    any ideas?

Keith

Re: slt no spark

Did you replace with all new parts?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Yes I did, all new parts

Keith

Comment

You did say kill switch, that was what I was going to suggest.

Hope you find the problem. But If I were you and didn't find it soon, I'd quit throwing parts at it and get it to someone who has the ability to diagnose it.

By the way, you can get this kind of crap with ANY manufacturer. How many 10 year old cars can you find that haven't had a single problem in their lifetime??:)

Comment

I work at a Polaris dealer and so I've been able to swap parts at no cost.
          The techs at the shop have all said stator, cdi, coils, circuit board in that order.
          I went thru the tests as the service manual layed out according to those tests everthing was well within spec. I am going to check the amp draw on the starter and see if possibly that could be it. I'm grasping at straws.
          I've never know a ten year old car to be trouble free but running standard troubleshooting techniques and a little common sense always solves the problem. Never had problems I couldnt fix on my yamaha, this thing is just a little more contrary.

Think I could have a engine ground problem? I know I'm grasping at straws.

Keith

Comment

If you think it is a ground problem then connect a wire to the battery grouns and connect it to the engine block. Use a set of jumper cables that is what I do to find a bad ground cable.

But if the ground cable is bad on a polaris the engine will not turn over.

Did you use the updated CDI and stator? If so the ground cable in the electrical box is different.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

do a voltage drop check at the batt. while cranking engine over with plugs in. book says 9.5 min. had same problem with domestic-700. even with new stator assyand cdi. I just new the batt was good, cause it cranked over so well. hit the happy button by mistake while charger with boost, was on ,fired right up.long story shorter. cdi would shut down at about 9.5 volts. bought a new agm batt. never a problem since.happy hunting.

Comment

The Problem Maybe In The Wiring Harness, I Had The Same Problem And It Was In The Wiring Harness-replace It.

Comment

Working...
                X