at my whits end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at my whits end

I have a 94 slt 750. it hasn't burnt a piston on me yet, but im sure it has with the last owner because the mag cylinder and slug have been replaced. it use to run for anywhere from 45 minuets to 3 hours then just bog down and refuse to take any throttle. it would idle, but that was all it would do. all 3 cylinders seemed to run at about the same temp. I took it to a mechanic thinking it was a fuel problem. he said he put an in-line electric fuel pump on it and tried it out and it did the same thing with him. he said he could shake the electrical box and it would straighten out. I brought the sob back home and proceeded to take the black box apart to check critical grounds and the such. I thought i had it fixed, but now it wont turn over 3000 rpm in the water and the mag cyl gets very hot while the center and pto cylinders stay ice cold as if they are not fireing at all. It didn't begin to do this untill I went into the electrical box. the thing that gets me is, it runs fine on the garden hose in my yard. compression test shows around 120 lbs +/- 5 lbs in all cylinders. I'm at my whits end with this thing. I'm fixen to put the 780 fuel pump on it. If it turns out to be a bad cdi module, where in the world could i get one?

Re: at my whits end

what part of SC are you in. I am in Greenville and would look at it for free.
    sigpic
    Chad C
    Mauldin, SC
    2007 FX Cruiser

Comment

im in camden...near lake wateree

Comment

Replace the fuel filters and clean the carbs while you have it apart. It may have cloged internal jets or the internal filter.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X