SLX 780 starts but floods when gassed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLX 780 starts but floods when gassed

Ok all we did this year when getting it ready was to take the gas tank out and pull the little chain that is normally attached to the cap out of the gas line because it was clogging it. when we put it all back together now it will start, runs a little rough but will countinue to run but when we hit the throttle it floods out and dies. All three cylinders are wet and getting fuel, too much fuel to be exact. But we cannot figure it out. That chain that was in there got there at the end of the season last year and we just didnt do anything with it till now. What I am wondering is did that chain clogging the line make and adjustments to anything that we need to change back becuase of the disruption of flow to the machine? If not then any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: SLX 780 starts but floods when gassed

I'm not that familiar with that model, but I had a similar problem with my WaveRunner. With mine the choke was stuck open and once I closed it the problem was gone.
    Sam<br />1996 Yamaha Waveventure 1100
    1995 Polaris 750 SL

Comment

No the chain did not cause any problem in the tank. You need to pressure test the fuel tank and lines and make sure you put the lines back in the correct order.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

well i know that the throttle isnt stuck open i checked that, sorry i forgot to post that part. And the hoses are in the right place we checked that too but we havent checked the pressure in the lines yet, i guess we could have too much right now but where would i adjust that?

Comment

Working...
        X