Polaris Virage Electrical Box Ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris Virage Electrical Box Ground?

I have a 2000 Polaris Virage. It will start up and run fine, but when you kill it, it will not restart, it will do nothing. If you pull the kill switch tether out it will then turn over. I thought it was the circuit breaker, so I replaced it , but it still has the problem. I traced all the wires and found that the negative loses ground in the electrical box. I am trying to narrow it down to the REGULATOR-S/S 1 BUTTON 505 module or the CONTROLLER-IGN,2-CYL module. Can anyone help me with this?

Re: Polaris Virage Electrical Box Ground?

I know that the 1 button regulator controls everything on the left handle bar but befor you replace it check all the grounds in the box. I found one loose in mine. Also if you do decide to order the regulator call, don't order off the web, world of powersports (www.worldofpowersports.com) I got mine for $20 or $30 less than the web price.

Comment

That Module May Be Hard To Find / The Last I Checked It Was Discontinued With No S.s. # I May Have One And I Can Beat World Of Powersports Prices On This And The Regulator "new".
      Loose Grounds Are Very Common On That Model.try To Find A Buddy With Same Ski Same Year Is A Must.try His Cdi Your Ski This Should Not Hurt His Cdi Or Regulator.

Comment

Rayman you are right in the fact that the orginal part number was discontinued. When I ordered mine it came under a different part number but was the same model number when I got it. I'm wondering if there was a problem with the orginal design because the order the wires come out are slightly different.

Comment

That is good that they are still avail. the 700 ignition system has been updated many times each year and a diffrent system year to year.In 98 or 99 they offered a complete kit which was priced very well.It included the stator,coil,and cdi. anyhow did that fix your problem.We had a 2000-1 Virage in the shop that I refused to work on last year due to another shops butcher work installing a so called new engine.After making the rounds to several shops and dealers in this area another shop asked me to help with a ignition problem no one could figure out which was intermittant no spark all parts tested good.They dropped the ski off to me and it was the same **** one I turned away last season.Come to find out the so called new engine was out of a 1999 and they left the stator asm. on the engine.Sure the stator tested good but was wrong for cdi after replacing stator and housing it runs.

Comment

I found the problem to be the CONTROLLER-IGN,2-CYL. I am waiting on the part to change it out. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X