need help - SLT 750 driveshaft removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help - SLT 750 driveshaft removal

How do I remove the driveshaft from the back of the motor? I am trying to get the motor out because the #3 rod grenaded the motor. The motor is free but dont know how to get the driveline disconnected from the rear of the motor. If anybody has a scan of the removal precedures that would be great. Thanks for your help.

Re: need help - SLT 750 driveshaft removal

You need to remove the Jet Pump Buy removing the 4 Nuts and the water hoses that attach it to the Hull. Item #24 in link http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...750-PROPULSION

Comment

Thats already done. should it just pull out the back. When I pulled the pump off the drive shaft did not come with it, the impeller is still in the pump. Thanks.

Comment

Yes it will pull out the back do not loose the rubber bumbers item #7 http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...0-DRIVE-SYSTEM

Comment

First make darn sure that all your fasteners have been removed and that the pump assembly is just plain "stuck".

What I do (with the PWC still sitting on the trailer and my small trailer jack wheel down) is carefully wrap a thin and narrow cloth tie-down strap completly around the pump. (I thread the strap under the long pump bolts and keep it away from any hoses or hose connectors).
          Then I attach a long cable or chain to that cloth strap and cinch down the original strap around the pump. I secure the far end of the long cable or chain to a post or tree trunk.

I then roll (by hand, not by vehicle) the trailer (with the PWC still on the trailer) away from the post or tree trunk and let the shock of hitting the "end of the rope" break the pump loose from the hull.

Notice, I said slowly, since you don't want to jerk the PWC right off the trailer.

I recommend doing this over a grass surface, since the pump and driveshaft may actually pop out of the back of the PWC.

Don't know how the pros do it, but this technique actually works!
          Last edited by DatOldGuy; 05-22-2005, 12:28 AM.

Comment

dont take the through hull bolts out. take the other 4 bolts out.13 mm socket. bolts are about 6 inches long.drive shaft comes out by hand. maybe a good tug. five minutes unless corroded. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Frisbee
              dont take the through hull bolts out. take the other 4 bolts out.13 mm socket. bolts are about 6 inches long.drive shaft comes out by hand. maybe a good tug. five minutes unless corroded. good luck
              I had a look at this, I think Frisbee is refering to the stub shaft. Did it work for you?
              DryDock

Comment

What Frisbee is saying basically is, if you're trying to take off the pump by working with the bolts and nuts that go into the inside of the hull - STOP! You don't have to go that far, you take the four long bolts out that are facing you as you are looking at the pump (1/2" socket I think I recall). Other than the hoses and the reverse bucket or trim rod, you're ready to pull the pump out. If the driveshaft doesn't come with the pump assembly (ie out of the engine connection inside), then you have to give it a good straight pull out and it should come eventually.

Comment

Working...
                X