93 SL 750 low power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 SL 750 low power?

Hey guys i got one for u. I have a 93 SL 750 engine totaly rebuilt about 3 years ago about 10 hrs on it then put in storage. I bought it took it and had the carbs rebuilt and fuel system flushed of the old fuel at the local polaris dealer. They did a "get running" iinspection and told me it was ready to go. I got it out on the lake and it wont rev up but about 2000 rpm (about enough to get about 5 mph outa it) i saw on a post on here that for a newer model if the fuel sending unit is not working it will put it in a limp mode. My fuel sending unit was not reading so could it be that or something else. I'm not to up on the lil 2 stroke engines I'm more at home on the big Diesels.

Please help i wanna ride.
    Darrell
    91 yamaha vxr 650

93 Polaris SL750

Re: 93 SL 750 low power?

I don't think the 93's will go into limp mode if the fuel sending unit is bad. More like the 96' and up.

Take it back to the shop and tell them they did something wrong or missed something else.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thx I'll have to do that. Any ideas though?
      91 yamaha vxr 650

93 Polaris SL750

Comment

Pull the plug wires off one at a time while rideing and see if they all cause the engine to slow down. If you pull one off and it runs the same then you found the cylinder that is not working corectly.

1. Not enough compression.

2. Not the correct fuel mixture. Dirty carb or exhaust leak in engine compartmant.

3. No spark to that cylinder or loss of spark at different rpm's.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X