Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does this driveshaft look OK?

Originally posted by beerdart
    We are talking about when you give it one good flick buy hand how far does it continue to spin
    ...and in my case, it stops almost immediately. Not from contact with the housing - just from resistance. As Tech says, there is no magic number of spins - but it would seem in my case - I gotta figure the bearings N/G.
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
    Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
    Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

I see what you mean now - doh!

Seems to me that if you got a good quality grease packed in the bearings/shaft area it shouldn't spin very far with a good flick - but more important is if it is smooth or rough feeling when you just simply spin it. Mine if I recall had a stiff feel to it when I put new bearings in, but a very smooth turning stiff (does that make any sense?)

Comment

Originally posted by ski_guy
        ...I am also curious how easily the impellar should turn by hand. Mine will spin about a turn and a half, with a normal bearing sound as it spins.
        Update for ya ski_guy. I just got my Skat Trak pump (ebay). In terms of resistance, there is no real difference between my old pump and this one. That tells me either both sets of bearings are so/so - or it's normal. Just thought you'd want to know.
        WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
        Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
        Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

Working...
        X