Lag at mid RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag at mid RPM

Finally got in the water Memorial Day. Just a short run on Nagawicka Lake in Delafield, WI. I much prefer Michigan and Superior but this time of year you still need to dodge icebergs. LOL

Anyways...

I have 2 Polaris Virage Txi (2001's), both fired right up on the 4 season old batteries. They ran their usual roughness the first 15 minutes out of the season. After that they went into their usual "feel" Ever since the second season they have had a lag in the power at mid throttle. In order t get up on plane you need to feather the throttle repeatedly or just gun it. Then you can back off and bring it down to a cruising speed. Each craft has its comfortable spot mine is 25MPH and my wifes is about 30mph. They consistantly hold speed but if you want to speed up you have to go through the same process. Additionally, they both sound like they are missing ot just running rough. I do not notice any strange sounds or other things that would make me wonder if there is an engine problem. I am not very engine savy but can check basic things and do adequate owner maintenance items. Ski's both have 90ish hours on them and had new plugs last season. Really dont want to buy those right now at $12 each

Question 1: Where should I begin trouble shooting.
    Question 2: Can the plugs be cleaned, gapped and re-installed.
    Question 3: Are there any settings that can be adjusted.
    Question 4: Could compression or other engine issues cause this.

I have been riding a long time and usually keep newer ski's around so I don't have to mess with these problems. I really like the polaris line and now that it is gone I really want to keep these working right.

Thanks.
Working...
X