no spark+no gas=no sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no spark+no gas=no sleep

Okay here's a little back ground, bought this ski about a month ago and the guy told me it needed the motor rebuilt.... finished last night, new battery included. I go to start it and no spark or fuel battery has 11.5 volts when trying to start it. when we first hooked up the battery it sounded like the bilge pump may have ran for a second but no other kind of noise ever sence then other then it turning over when we try. I've been up for over 24 hrs now messing w this thing and I'm at the end of my rope. If any body has any suggestions please let me know thanks

Re: no spark+no gas=no sleep

ok if you had plugs in while cranking engine,used a digitalvolt ohm meter to check batt voltage got a reading of 11.5, while cranking engine over. and you rechecked your connections in the black box. time to do stator test. there was an update on early 700 to go a gen-3 stator cdi upgrade. might want to have the dealer double check this for you though. quite expensive. to buy cdi-stator assy. make sure your lanyard is not at fault, and try with brand new plugs in , put a little premix downthe carbs are plug holes .i believe you have double khein carbs on this engine with accelerator pumps. never used the choke on my wifes boat.2,3,4 pumps of the throttle bang housten we have ignition. bilge pump i believe runs whenever engine runs. some also have a button on the handle bar. up for 24 hours. man are you getting like paid for this. i used to be young once. my boss looks at me when i say that. hes 87 and comes to work every day. and he dosent need to. good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X