Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sl750 Carb Jet Update

FYI,

I installed the new #100 jets in my '93 sl750 (see sig for mods). I got the high screws out 1.5 turns. Nevertheless, I did the plug chop again with not much color showing up. I did a full throttle run for about 1.5 minutes up the river, and 1.5 minutes back down the river before I killed it. The plugs still weren't showing much. At this point I'm assuming it's the oil or gas additives that aren't showing much to allow me to get a good reading. The ski seems to be running really well though. No spits, sputters, bogging, etc. I can't see the ski requiring anything more #100 jets so I'm pretty sure I have to be in the "safe" region for just putzing around.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the plugs after each run to see how it's doing. Sound like a good plan?

Doug

Re: Sl750 Carb Jet Update

It will take some time 10 Min or more to get much color on the insulator of a plug. What does the rim around the plug look like or the top of the piston? How many RPM's are you turning?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Re: Sl750 Carb Jet Update

Originally posted by dank
      It will take some time 10 Min or more to get much color on the insulator of a plug. What does the rim around the plug look like or the top of the piston? How many RPM's are you turning?
      The top of the pistons have carbon color to it. It's not caked on or flaking, but it does have a nice dark color to it (rich=safe). The plug rims start showing color after about 30 mins or more of some good hard riding. I'm not sure what rpm's I'm turning because I have no tach. I can't see #100 jets with 1.5 turns out on the high screws to be on the lean side by any means.

Doug

Comment

Working...
      X