SL650 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL650 Problems

Hello all, new to the forums here. I have a I think '93ish SL650 that is my mother in laws. Last yr it worked good. Today she had a family friend put new plugs in it and drop it in the water. The problem is now it wont stay running and is ver tough to start.

Can anyone tell me what plugs should be in this and also what sequence the wires should be? ,ie 123,321, etc. and a starting point would be great like wire 1 closest to front etc. Also if you have the gap for the plug would be great.

FYI last weekend when I opened her up she fired up and rtan just fine. So Im thinking the kid messed something up lol.

Thanks

edit to change yr its a 93
    Last edited by jonathn2875; 06-08-2005, 11:30 PM.

Re: SL650 Problems

Need more specific details. I don't think it's the plugs.

Exactly what is happening with yout SL 650 - be specific...there are many issues with this model.

/Vince

Comment

It would be hard to connect the plug wires wrong. The longest goes to the Mag, next to center and the shortest goes to the PTO side.

I would think you have fuel contamination but look at the fuel separator and see if anything is collecting in there

If compression and the plugs are sparking then I would remove the carbs and rebuild them first and flush all fuel lines out and then mop the tank dry and start over.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

ok sorry wasnt more detailed about it. Its very hard starting, when it does start and you just let it idle after about 3 or min it cuts out. During the time its running if you give it any gas it dies.

ill be honest ive never worked on one of these before so this is gonna be a totaly stupid to you question, but where is the fuel separator located hehe:emoticons

Comment

Working...
        X