This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! 1 hour of fun

So I bought 2 1992/93 Sl 650's around March. One was improperly witnerized and the block is crackied - visibly in at least 3 places! ugh! The other, I performed the fuel pump mod and it started up relatively smoothly although quite a bit of rust water came out on the garage floor (probably not good). Put her in the lake today and, although stuttering and stumbling, had about 1 hours' worth of fun. Even had it up and full throttle (with some hesitation that the engine finally overcame with ginger throttle action). At any rate. we shut her down about 6 times to check on this that and the other thing (like flooding, fuel leaks, etc). The last time (1 hour in) I went about 25 yards and she died ... nothing I could do would start her. Brought her home and removed plugs - 2 good, 1 with creamy, caramel like crud on it. Is this a sign of a cracked block too? She ran not bad for a GD hour! What now ... will a compression check help?

Thanks 7 HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!:emoticonc

BEV

Re: HELP! 1 hour of fun

What did you expect out of such neglected craft? You may have even done more damage by trying to run the other ski without even so much as a full inspection. The block may be cracked, it may be all rusted up inside - who knows? Time to pull the engine and tear it down to find out. You didn't really expect it to magically be ok after seeing that kind of crap coming out when you started it did you?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Wow! That is, perhaps, the rudest reply I've ever seen on this forum.

Let's start at the beginning:

1) I posted the second response because, I know, full well how bad my request sounds - I don't need to be chatised by some 31 year-old smart a## beach baby THANKS!

1b) I now that some things on these forums are questionable (almost a lost cause) and, as such, never do get a response ... I was not DEMANDING !

2) The tone of your quip makes it sound like I am, quite frankly, stupid. I DID NOT know all of what I revealed ... obviously a case of caveat emptor (buyer be ware smart A## in case you are too young). That said - review you response ... if you do indeed represent STB you should surely reconsider your future as you will drive STB into the ground with your compassion!

3) Whilst I'm sure this will be deleted, if any other "more helpful" people are out there and care to respond (at their leisure - as was always my intent) I'd sure appreciate knowing why the one cylinder has milkywatery crud in it ...
      could it be as Lord Vader (I mean administrator) said and the block is cracked internally.

THanks ... I think!

Comment

PS If wondering ... we all lie at our age ... are you really 31?

Comment

Adios, buddy.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X