Hole in piston 1994 sl750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in piston 1994 sl750

I have read that I may need a fuel pump that will deliver more fuel to the #3 cylinder. How do you get the cylinder off. All of the bolts are loose and the piston slides up and down easily but the jug will not come off. Am I missing a bolt?:emoticonr

Re: Hole in piston 1994 sl750

The fuel pump problem was with the #1 piston. I bought my 650 with the same problem as yours and rebuilt it and found the #3 high speed screw had turned itself in some and leaned it out. as far as getting the jug off the only thing that holds it on is 4 bolts. Assuming you took the exauhst manifold off. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Blacksheep; 06-16-2005, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Did you rotate the cylinder when you tried to pull it off? If you did, you may have snagged the ring on a transfer port.

Comment

if it moves up and down freely you did not snag a ring and if you plan on rebuilding the top end you should put rings on it also so if by chance you did snag a ring on a intake or exhaust port it really wouldnt matter if you broke the ring off will the jug move up and down at all after the exhaust manifold is off

Comment

Working...
        X