Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clogged cooling passages, what to check..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clogged cooling passages, what to check..

So as it turns out my MFD is reading "HOT".... this after riding in a canal I frequent that is usually fine. There was an unusually high amount of grass/weeds in there for some reason.

Anyways, it only does it when running near WOT for a bit.. letting off it would be fine temp wise I guess.

I flushed the ski after riding so it may already be fixed (backwards pressure may have cleared out the screen and stinger filter).

Is there anything/where else to check for clogs other than the stinger filter and the intake screen? When I flushed the ski plenty of water was coming out of the jet nozzle area.

Re: Clogged cooling passages, what to check..

Well, it seems to be ok now.

Yesterday I removed the water manifold and made sure all the passages were clear. Made sure the intake screen was cleared out. Water comes out properly from the locations it should when on the hose. I blew water through the exhaust inlet hose out the screen at full blast. I disconnected the exhaust manifold water line and water came streaming out.

Took the ski out today for about 3 hours and only once did the temp light come on right towards the beginning of my ride (1st time going WOT). I think maybe it blew out whatever it had lodged in it after clearing all other passages. After that I went WOT quite a few more times and it never said HOT again.

Looks like I'm all set. Motor is broken in (done with 2nd tank of gas).. hopefully on to good fun :)

Comment

Working...
    X