Adjusting Carbs 97 SL780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Carbs 97 SL780

I have a '97 SL780 with fresh motor from SBT. I was scared that bad carb adjustment had caused my previous failure so I have set then now to the factory specs. I have removed oil pump and am using 32:1 because of break in period/

It is running like a dog out of the hole. Can someone explain what the hi and lo speed adjustments do. My lo-speed is the little T-handle thumbscrew? And the hi-speed can only be adjusted with a dime or similar.

I wish I hadn't played with them as it ran great before. I don't want it running lean but I need more power/snap out of the hole. Turning them out from seated does what exactly? What symptoms can be corrected or caused by adjusting these.

P.S. I almost had major problems because the I think the Thermostat was stuck, why have one? Can I just run it without?

P.P.S. I had to replace a fuel line and used some of the black fuel line, what is the proper stuff called and where can I get it? Will this black stuff swell because of the oil? Do I need to change it?

Thanks-sorry for all the questions.

Re: Adjusting Carbs 97 SL780

Regular fuel line is fine, it just doesn't look as nice. Yes remove your thermostat. If your carbs aren't responding well at stock setting, get three rebuild kits and rebuild them, it's probably time. You should never need to deviate from the stock settings on a stock ski. Yes those are the lows and highs - turning them out increases the fuel flow (richer).
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X