sl 750 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sl 750 issues

Just joined. This forum has been a great help.

I have a 94 sl 750. New SBT engine in 8/02. Has about 20 hrs so far.

I rebuilt the carbs with the new engine, tripple outlet fuel pump, set pop off at 16psi, stock airbox, 12-17 skat track prop, stock grate, custom extended ride plate, bla bla bla.

I have a few questions.

It won't rev past 5500rpm on smooth water! The pump stator has a LOT of damage. I am waiting for a replacment to arrive this week. The water shoots out of the nozzle in all directions when up on plane. Is it possible that the stator is causing that much cavitation that i am loosing RPM's? I would think it would be the other way around.

All of the reeds look good, no chips, ect. They are stock. Is it possible that they are bad even though they dont show any signs of wear?

How accurate is the stock tach?

Any info would be gratly appreciated.

Re: sl 750 issues

Most likely the prop is pitched too high for your engine, causing the low RPMs - they are rarely even what they say on the box. You can send it to www.impros.com to be reworked, just tell them what you need. With that, you need to correct whatever pump damage you have.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What is the recommended pitch for a stock 750?
      I just got off my "bigger is better" kick and swapped out a 14-21 solas x prop!

Comment

Go to the SOlas and skat websites, see what the charts say for a stock ski.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I checked it out. They recommend a 13/18, so i should be ok there unless the QC department is sleeping on the job. Anyway, what about the accuracy of the tach on the mfd? should i trust it or should i get something else? If so, where?Thanks

Comment

did you say you are running a 14/21 pitch impeller on a 750??

Comment

Yup. solas X prop. Wasn't that bad, but it took a while to get up to top speed.

That has been sold on ebay. I bought a new pump stator and stock prop and got my hands on a pretty good wear ring. **** i wish the wear ring was replacable on those things.

Anyway, took it out and wow! 6200 rpms, 52.6 on the dreamo. Still dosen't hook up very well in a chop, but i guess i need to swap out the stock grate. Bottom end is actually a little worse than with the solas prop.

Comment

Working...
              X