2001 Virage TXI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Virage TXI

I have a 2001 Polaris Virage TXI, it has 56 hrs on it. Does anyone have any ideas on what to check, here are the symptoms. I have noticed a 4-6 mph drop in top speed this summer for some reason. I replaced the plugs, they looked pretty good brownish black tips. I pull around 6800 rpm but I get the occasional bog and sluggishness in the 3500-4000 rpm range. If I gun it it goes just fine. If anyone has any experience with this and has some ideas on what to check out, any help would be completely appreciated. If there are more specific things one needs to know, just ask, thanks for your time!

Re: 2001 Virage TXI

I have a pair of the same exact ski's. I had the same problem as you described since the ski's had 30 hours on them. I finally found this and other sites and that solved my problem.

You need to replace the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) on you ski. Polaris part number 1202208. It is gonna cost you about $99 from the local dealer. Make sure they don't order you one for a '02 an newer. They are a different design and completely incompatible. Check out the picture of the manual to see where this sensor is located.

Next, check the gap on the plugs they should be exactly 0.028". Then throw a can of "Seafoam" in the gas tank, maybe do this twice. This really helps clean the FICHT injectors and works on the oil injector gunk too.

Stay away from the cheap TCW-III oil. Start using synthetic after you use up your remaining oil. $20 a gallon for Penzoil synthetic at Wal-Mart.

After doing all this I found new life in my TXi's. They are almost brand new again.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: 2001 Virage TXI

This sounds like a simple fix, are there any tricks or follow on maintenance after replacing this? It looks like just 1 bolt, any feedback? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X