Ride plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride plate

I was looking for a ride plate for my sl 750.
    I have read in here that ocean pro makes the best, but witch one?

I have also seen a rend plate that fits my budget better. Comments?

I ride on a lake in north jersey, the biggest chop is about 2', and i am really looking for something to stop it from porposing and help my top end.

thanks

Re: Ride plate

I would think any ride plate that is made for a 94 750 will do just fine. I have an R&D and only experience porposing (extremely slight) if I've forgotten the trim in the highest position.

Comment

Originally posted by addicted
      I ride on a lake in north jersey, the biggest chop is about 2', and i am really looking for something to stop it from porposing and help my top end.

thanks
      I have an Ocean Pro Extended - does your machine really porpoise that bad? I ride on a Lake in PA which can get pretty choppy - and I have trouble keeping down in the water and hooked up - but very little porpoising. The extended ride plate did help some with this - but on rough water this machine is just too light to compete - my brother in law has a Yamaha FX140. It is a BOAT and stays planted.
      I am from N Jersey too - where do you ride?
      WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
      Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
      Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

I ride in greenwood lake.

I actually welded an extension onto my stock ride plate, wich helped ALOT with the porposing. Problem is that it isn't stiff enough, and after a while it will bend up and be little help. I could add a small fin on the bottom to stop this, but i don't want it to carve and hook like it's on rails. that's what my raider is for. I am looking for a flat plate that pretty much duplicates what i did, come out almost flush with the end of the pump to help with planing and stop the bouncing.

Comment

How much traffic does that lake see on a nice weekend? Is it insanity to try to launch?
          WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
          Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
          Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

Traffic can get pretty bad, especially on a really nice day. As for the launching, i couldn't tell you. Dad's got a house on the island. Keep the ski's there.

Comment

Working...
            X