Don't let people borrow your stuff!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let people borrow your stuff!!!

My buddy let a friend use his ZXI 750. Well, his buddy put a quart of 10w40 in the oil injection tank. This is why I won't let anyone use my machines when I'm not around. It's also why I'm keeping my oil injection. All it takes is one bone-head putting straight gas in a premix machine and you're toast.
    Anyway, I took out his oil tank and drained it completely and refilled it with 2 cycle oil. I cleaned the plugs three times and road it for a minute each time. It's too dark to do any thing now. So, Will this eventually clear up, or am I going to have to pull the carbs off and clean them? Can I just spray carb cleaner in the air box?
    He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Re: Don't let people borrow your stuff!!!

No, if tank has been cleaned out, and new 2 stroke added you shouldn't need to clean the carbs. Once the oil lines,exhaust, and crankcase clear out you'll be fine. Any oil that may have found way to carbs will be washed out by gas just like premix.
    Ride Hard, Fly High

Current rides: 03 EdgeX 600, 04 ProX2 700, 99 XCSP700(with many mods), 96 XCR600, 96 SL700, 93 SL650, 96 RAM2500 Diesel 4x4 with Banks kit

Comment

Doh, hopefully someone talked with his friend about how not to add oil. That sucks.

How about: don't let newbie friends borrow stuff either? I have a pair of '95 SL 750's and my buddy was dying to try skis out. So off we go. No more than 5 minutes in he was trying to get close enough along side me to tell me something and he smacked into me....CRACK!!! I'm lucky that neither hull was broken but sheeesh. Stick to rentals buddy.

Daryl :D

Comment

Just an update, in case this ever happens to anyone else. The craft would only idle in the water. It would fall flat if given any gas. I removed the oil filter and blew it out. I let the 2 cycle oil drain through the line main line. I removed the lines going into the carbs and cranked it over (with the spark plug wires off) till I could see that it was only 2 cycle oil coming out of the pump. It still would not run in the water. I ran it on a garden hose for hours. This still did not clean out the carbs. It would run good on the hose but when I took it back to the lake and put a load on the craft it would still die. The carbs had to come off. The main jet screens were clogged with black sludge. It's running great now. I think my friend learned his lesson.
        He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Comment

Working...
        X