Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 genesis i

Hi all,
    Long story short- Took my ski to dealer in Sept., states oil pump problem causing piston melt down and crank shaft issues. Bought new crank shaft through SBT along with other replacements through dealer. After 3 times on water (got it back in April), total time approx. 45 minutes., we were back at shop. States the crank bearing went bad throwing a rod , small tiny crack to crank case (they can't fix they say due to the location). Now they tell us the warranty (paid total $2000 for all fixings) is no longer in effect due to SBT limited warranty and that the crank shaft now caused the problem. We have had many other issues with the dealer so we pulled our jet ski out. It is now in pieces sitting in my shop and I have a huge hole in my pocket. We have the crank shaft that SBT sent however the dealer wouldnt fix due to crank case being cracked and they said SBT refuses to cover this and we feel that paying $2000(total) for nothing is not acceptable. They want to basically charge us all over again.
    Is there anything SBT can do for us PLEASE??
    We have the ski broken down , not sure how to put it back together . We had thought about a whole new engine but don't we have to put back together what we have to send to SBT? Our local dealer is 5 minutes away but considering the problems with them, we may drive 2 1/2 hours to Birmingham, AL for assistance if we can't do it ourselves.
    Any info is greatly appreciated.
    WE have taken the Dealer to court to try to get him to honor the other parts including pistons but its a small town and thats all I have to say to that.

Can SBT do anything to help us out. We don't have butt loads of money, just average old folks looking for some help.

K. Jones

Re: 2002 genesis i

Is this the right location to post this?

Is there a representative with SBT on this location. Just curious as to the thoughts of a new motor and how to go about doing this?

Any thoughts as to the possible problem?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see your first post.

First of all, our cranks are covered by a 1 year no-fault warranty, so they are blowing smoke up your butt if hey said we refused to cover it (and you were still in the 1 year period, which you would be if you mean LAST Sep.).

Second, give me a picture of the damage tot he case and I can tell you if it's repairable or not, or useable as a core.

Third, it is VERY rare for a bearing to fail on it's own. It is usually due to water ingestion, lack of oil, overheating, debris, improper installation, etc. If you can post good clear pictures of all your parts, we can try to give you a better clue as to what happened.

If you call in, our Sales Manager Ericka B can recommend someone good close to you, if you don't want to do the work yourself.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try to get some pictures posted but it will be a couple of days.

Tell me this,
        I can't change what they say happened according the ignorant judge so I have to deal with what I have however; They say it is a limited warranty which is why they now refuse to cover the "damages" that occured including the new piston and cracked crank. ****SBT sent a new crank shaft, so we have that. But we have a motor in pieces that we don't know what to do with. One piston is actually gone so would the core be tradeable with that missing.? And we don't know if we have to put it back together to trade it in or send it like it is.?
        If we have a new core , we might be able to get another dealer to accept the ski broke down. We are just at a loss right now. Will we get credit for the crank we send back, what would the price be ? Sorry for all the questions.
        Will Ericka be able to help with these problems?

Comment

Ericka can answer all your questions, yes.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X