Sl 1050 dying at low speed and not running fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sl 1050 dying at low speed and not running fast

My sl1050 has been running akward after i was riding one day. I tried adjusting spark plug gaps but still no help. I can idle around with giving it a little gas then I accelerate and it wont get up to speed. I has a extra set of carbs (which i have not installed) thinking that is the problem. Any help on what to do next, install the new carbs or adjust and/or fix something?

Thanks

Re: Sl 1050 dying at low speed and not running fast

so it was running good then all the sudden??? If so, something broke like maybe hole in piston or ? If it happened after sitting a long time, I say carbs.

Comment

i bought it not too long ago and he hadnt used it often, then i rode it 3 times a week cuz i live on the lake. Then i rode a wave and it stopped working. So maybe carbs like you said. I have some xtra carbs and i dont know if i shoudl install or maybe adjust mine.

Thanks

Comment

well, if it happened all of the sudden, I would say not carbs. Look for something that wiggled loose. Check for spark at each plug.

Comment

My exhaust connection between the engine and the muffler seemed to have a leak and wasnt giving the engine any back pressure, but now i cant seem to start it and the mfd is forzen. I guess im going thru bad luck, it always works then i fix it, then it works then i have to fix again

Thanks

Comment

Read this in another thread on the MFD.

Push and hold MODE button for 10 seconds, while doing so, push and hold SET button for an additional 10 seconds. Release both at the same time when you CAL on the display.

Some have had luck with this method.

Del

Comment

Thanks for the reply but this didnt work, i really dont know why this happened. Also the ski wont start i wonder if i have an electrical short out problem.?

~kyle

Comment

Working...
              X