Bilge pump install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilge pump install?

Anyone know where to hook up a bilge pump in the electrical box so that it's only on when the engine is on?

94 sl7540

Thanks

Re: Bilge pump install?

ya know, I'll tell ya what I'm doin'. I'm using the type of RULE that has the automatic switch, it comes on every two minutes and pumps for a couple seconds. If there is resistance (if it pumps water) then it stays on until all water is pumped. I'm going to be hooking it up directly to the battery and installing an inline fuse and just pulling the fuse when I'm done riding for the day.

Of course I'll be watching to see if someone has an answer to your exact question, then I'll hook it up that way :)

Comment

yeah, well, since that is my beater ski, i need to make it as idiot proof as possible. That kinda rules out pulling the fuse each ride. I am going to pop open the electrical box and poke around for lead that is hot when the engine is running. I was just hoping that someone else has done this before and could point me in the right direection.

Diddn't some of the later models come equipped with a bilge pump from the factory? Anyone have the schematic?

Comment

Bilge pump kit PN 2871237

I'll skip right to step 4, you all should know how to take off the seat and such. Got to love the polaris directions.
        4-Remove negative cable, 5-remove positive cable, well duh.
        6-Attach pump to the rib under the drive shaft. Oh heck too many steps. 94's they tell ya to drill the hole in the front of the craft. Hell Nooo, too ugly, I put my exit on the back of the craft on my 750, same place as my 96 SLX.
        8-The wiring, split the electric box. 9-remove 4 socket head screws attaching 6 hole plate to end of electric box half. 10-remove blind plug on left end of 6 hole plate. goes on to tell you to use gromments and o-rings which most likey you don't have. Unless you got the kit from them. 15-attach one orange fuse adaptor wire onto the orange terminal of the terminal board. insert blade end of this wire into the fuse. 16-attach the second orange fuse adaptor wire onto the terminal labled spare insert blade end of this wire into the fuse. 17-Attach-brown wire with orange tab from pump onto terminal labled spare alongside the orange wire. 18-attach black wire from pump onto black terminal on the board. 19 put the mess back together.
        Pump will only operate with the engine running.
        He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Comment

just run a switch to your dash or somewhere nearby. turn it on when you need it and off when you dont. thats the easiest way.

Comment

A switch won't idiot proof a ski for you buddies to ride. I know some great people that can't remember directions to save their lives. I call them idiots. I have a friend who let his buddy use his ski while he wasn't around. After specific directions, he put motor oil in the oil injection unit not the 2-cycle oil in the blue gallon jug. A green quart of quaker state. I'd hard wire it!
            He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Comment

I wish i would have read this 4 hrs earlier. I just finished and came up with nearly the exact same thing. Thanks!

Now for that electric fuel pump. . .

Comment

Working...
              X