96 SLT 780 Impeller Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 SLT 780 Impeller Question

I removed my impeller this morning to take a look at it condition, come the find out the previous owner had swapped out the original unit with a Polaris p/n 5131366 which I believe it to be off a Genesis model?? 17-23 cut (3 Blade). It seems that the craft has good hook-up at 5000rpm's and above, not so good below that, also the engine boggs down a bit during low speed turns. What special tools would I need to remove the impeller from the shaft...what would you recommend for a replacement impeller??? 15-20 cut??? Thanks Nolan

Re: 96 SLT 780 Impeller Question

The recommended impeller for your ski is a 13/18 swirl from skat trak. If you go to impros.com, or look in dennis kirk, they list that impeller for your ski. If you are looking for one i have one f.s. It was used for maybe an hour. It is practically brand new. They list for $220 new. I'll sell it for $175 shipped. All you need to change it is the tool from dennis kirk, or impros that goes into the end of the impeller in the splines to thread the impeller off the shaft. They are $12 from dennis kirk. Let me know if you're intersted.

Comment

Re: 96 SLT 780 Impeller Question

I installed a Solas PA-CD-12/18 on my slt 780, that I bought it for $20 at a local PWC shop. This impeller I did not like at all...top speed 50mph @ 6680 plus (mid. chop), in the turns my engine was peaking at 7200-7400 so I had to let up off the throttle alittle, even hole shot sucked with this impeller I was surprised? I understand what this impeller was designed for but I just thought it would have performed better..My to-cents. Note that I did upgrade my jet pump to the 6-vein stainless steel stator...bought it used cheap as well. When I ran the 17/22 impeller w/6-vein pump I got a 3mph gain...I ran across a 15/20 impeller that I am going to test out tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X