1994 Polaris SL750 Hesitation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Polaris SL750 Hesitation Problem

The only modification I have is Ocean Pro Vortex flame arrestors on each carb and the high flow fuel pump. The problem I am having is from idle to mid throttle. It starts fine and runs from mid to full throttle fine. I have to pump the throttle from idle to full throttle, if I don’t, then it will bog down (hesitate) and stop. It only had a slight hesitation until recently when a friend of mine flipped the ski over. When this happened 1 or 2 inches of water got in the ski and it would not start until I dried it out. Water was around the flame arrestors. Not sure if this had any effect, but I felt I needed to mention it. My current carb. settings are as follows:

Low speed screw: ½ turn (all)
    High speed screw: 1-1/4mag, 3/8center,7/8pto

I have tried different high speed screw settings on the carbs, but no change ( +- 1 turn from above settings changing ¼ turn per test). Anyone have any ideals?

Re: 1994 Polaris SL750 Hesitation Problem

When the bike flipped, did you or your friend follow the "capsized craft" procedure in your manual? The are quite adamant that you do this as soon as it's flipped.

Daryl

Comment

No water got in the motor. Like I said it does run.

Comment

Well, water got somewhere - in the motor, in the electrical box, etc. Do a compression check.

Did you rejet/adjust for the aftermarket filters?
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I did check the electrical box, and it is dry. This happend on the second time the ski was taken out. I checked compression at the begining of the year it was:

Cylinder 1: 135
          Cylinder 2: 133
          Cylinder 3: 131

Comment

And that tells you what about it now??

Comment

Cylinder 1: 130
              Cylinder 2: 135
              Cylinder 3: 130

Comment

Good, now you know that is ok. I would start with the electrical system, making sure every connection is tight and dry, especially at the battery and in the box. Next, time to go through the carbs.

Comment

Ok, everything electrical is dry, including the electrical box where the CDI is. I have adjusted the low speed screws by 1/4 turn (increase), this has helped some. Any other ideals?

Comment

sounds like maybe carbs. I know it's a different carb and not a two-stroke, but my motorcycle did what you're talking about. I had to have them boiled out. On our carbs, you just rebuild those dudes. Has this ever been done? 11 years on those carb internals is a LOT to ask.

Comment

Working...
                    X