1997 SL 1050 bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 SL 1050 bogging

just bought this a few weeks ago it ran fine the first few weeks, then suddenly out of the blue it started bogging. it boggs when you first take off & has lost some power.when i get up to speed it runs fine. any suggestions would be great.thanks

Re: 1997 SL 1050 bogging

sounds like maybe you should turn out the low speed screws just 1/8th turn and try it again.

Comment

Took It To The Lake Today And Turned The Low Speed Screw Out But It Is Still Bogging.Thanks

Comment

ok, read again. So, it ran fine, then this problem just started. Well, sounds like your carbs may have got some junk in them (there's a filter in there that will clog easily). If so, rebuild the carbs. Check the inline fuel filter for clues. Perhaps this one is the only one that is dirty. Could be a few things. Do you know if these carbs have been just sitting over the past winters? 8 years is a long time for those rubber and mylar pieces in the carbs. SBT sells kits for rebuilding them. You'll want to test pop-off, which personally I just used my old springs and got lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X