Missing Float 1995 SLT 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Float 1995 SLT 750

Has any one had a problem with the float arm falling off the sending unit in the fuel tank.

Re: Missing Float 1995 SLT 750

Well, there's no "arm" in my 95 SL750 but a rectangular float in an aluminum tube. Over time the float absorbs moisture from the fuel and no longer floats on the surface of the fuel level. If it is, then you probobally need a new float only. $22.95 at any Polaris parts dealership. I think for 95 on the 3-seater, there's some machines with an old float style (seperate arm float) and some with the new styles (combo float/sending unit, like the one mentioned above)
    Look under your bin in the front at the fuel tank. If there are 2 seperate circular "things" screwed into the top of the tank, one toward the rear and one in the middle then you have the old style (seperate float-one in the middle) and it may have fallen off or is corroded up. (stuck) If you have only one (up toward the rear) then you have the aluminum combo unit, that probobally needs a new float in the aluminum tube(saturated) Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Comment

Re: Missing Float 1995 SLT 750

95 had two kinds. I was able to drain and remove my tank and fish out thee assembly. The repair was reasonably easy.:emoticonc

Comment

Working...
      X