94 SL650, Just did fuel pump upgrade, now problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 SL650, Just did fuel pump upgrade, now problems

I just removed the original fuel pump and the (check valve?) that is right next to it and replaced everything with a Mikuni 3 port pump by running a line to each carb. Now at the lake it seems to accelerate extremely slowly, I can hold it full throttle and it can take like 30 seconds to accelerate to actually going to full throttle. Sometimes if you hold full throttle from idle quickly you can kill it. Is it running too rich now? If so, what do I need to do to make it run as before? Pop off pressure? What tools/etc. do you need to adjust the pop off pressure, I have the factory service manual but it's confusing.

Re: 94 SL650, Just did fuel pump upgrade, now problems

Just pulled the plugs, they're all wet, and even out of the water now it's very hard to start and keep running. So how do I lean it for the pump upgrade?

Comment

you might need to rebuild the carbs. needle and seat might be leaking with more psi. or need to set the idle mixture...just thoughts hope you get it going

Comment

yup. you say wet, if it's wet with what looks like unburnt oil, it's your carbs, or they are not getting fuel.

Comment

Working...
        X