sl 650 leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sl 650 leak

i have a 94 sl 650 there is a leak some where but i can not find it. i put it on a hose and let it run no leak sat it in water without engine no leak run it with seat off can not see leak any ideas. thanks in advance.

Re: sl 650 leak

if you ran the engine on the flush hose and didnt find a leak, You may have a hull leak. Fill the hull on the inside, (dont flood your engine), and see if it runs out, look for a stream or the hull dripping, might be your through hull fitting.

Comment

hes right. Odds are you have a drip like leak coming from around the driveshaft somewhere. My leak wasn't really noticeable but it was there. I did the trick where you fill the hull up and after a little while sure enough it was a little drip. Is it syphoning out or is the water accumulating in the hull?

Comment

I had a leak on the front u-bolt at the bow. Didn't leak unless running or on teather in rough weather. Tighten it up & added silicone at backing washers to u-bolt.

If you moore to a tether, use a shock cord

Comment

mine was leaking like crazy from the rear tow eye in the boarding step area.

Comment

Working...
          X