sl 650 is it a pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sl 650 is it a pile

i recently recieved a 95 sl 650 with a blown engine.it is extremly clean,i am in the process of rebuilding the engine.what i want to know is ,is this ski a reliable machine,does it have potential for added performance or should i fix it and sell it.by the way the last sit down i owned was a 94 spx 650 twin carb,will performance be comparable.thanks

Re: sl 650 is it a pile

I would just keep it. I was in the same boat (no pun intended) with my 94 sl 750. I found that after all the work that I did that I would be lucky to break even. There is just not a high demand for them. If you are doing all the work yourself you might as well just get your time spent on it back by racing around the water. I guess if you have a strong offer for it sell.

Comment

Re: sl 650 is it a pile

I would fix it up and sell it to get your money back. I got a 94 sl750 that was running for free probably 5 years ago. Since then i probably spent $3k on it. The fuji motors are not the greatest when modified, at least from what i understand from reading these forums. Stock there OK if you address the fuel issue.

It is by far the most fun hull that i have ever ridden, but with polaris out of the watercraft business, parts will eventually become harder to find at reasonable prices.

As for the performance aspect, all i can tell you is that mine tops out just under 50. Yours will probably be a little shy of that.

Comment

Working...
      X