help cant figure out 97 hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help cant figure out 97 hurricane

I have 130 psi both cylinders, spark at both plugs, fuel is pumping and getting to cylinders. It starts and idels fine but is running only on back cylinder.After i get rpms up other cylinder kicks in and the ski flys about 50 why is cylinder cutting out it has spark and fuel and runs good at hi rpms 130 on both cylinders why wont that cylinder fire im going crazy trying to figure out this ski i rebuilt carbs suspected fuel pump but it pissis back to tank and fuel is on plugs when it runs fast it seems to run lean on both cylinders have no setting for hi speed on this ski but all that aside i just dont know why that cylinder only fires at hi rpm with gives me no midrange just idle or full speed

Re: help cant figure out 97 hurricane

Try this one, it helped me once.

Remove/unscrew spark-plug boot, cut back 1/4", insert di-electric grease into boot, screw em back on. If this doesn't work, let us know.

Comment

Re: help cant figure out 97 hurricane

well i got the other cylinder to run turns out the low speed screw is to be 5/8 out did not get anough fuel at that setting even though plug looked wet turned it up to 2 1/2 and now runs so somthing is wrong with it getting enough fuel im wondering if pop off could be causing this it looks lean after hi speed run too I think last 2 owners had same problem and could not fix thats why sold so cheap im determined to figure this out though you know the funny thing is the clock says ski only ran 5 hours wondering if hour meter is not working havent had a chance to run long enough to find out

Comment

Working...
      X