Rebuild advice for a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild advice for a newbie

I have a 97' Hurricane 700. The engine is seized after an overheat. The shop didn't open it up but said I needed a new engine. I would like to rebuild it myself. I've never done a rebuild before so I'm curious if you guys think it sounds like a good project. Additionally, I figured since I'll already be in there maybe I could increase my performance. Any thoughts, suggestions, warnings.

Re: Rebuild advice for a newbie

Get the engine from SBT. You won't have the headaches, and you will have a killer warranty. Besides, you will save a ton of time, and it will probably cost the same or less.

Comment

I have same ski do you no what caused it running lean ext. dont forget to fix that too remember blue book on your ski is 2700.

Comment

Thanks for the advice gents and I still welcome more. I think a clogged coolent line caused the problem but I'm planning to flush everything. Antioc, does your ski have a warning horn. When mine went I didn't hear anything.

Comment

I dont no if has sound or not sorry never heard it on my ski either.You know i have had 8 skis this year and when i pull out of water and start ski to get water out of coolling system i notice i dont get much if any shooting out now that you said yours was plugged im a little worryed because all other skis they were older models the 97 is my newest when you started and blipt trottle lots of water came out for about 10 seconds but with this hurricane i get barly any i wonder why does yours spray water? Its very weedy in the lakes here. I just ordered carb rebuild kit today from sbc cant wait to get it.
          Last edited by n34124; 08-15-2005, 04:45 PM. Reason: add more

Comment

Working...
          X