1994 SL 750 Carb. Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 SL 750 Carb. Problem

With Ocean Pro Vortex flame arrestors I have the carb. Low & High speed setting as follows:

Low speed screw: 3/4 turn (all)
    High speed screw: 1-3/4mag, 7/8center,1-3/8pto

The problem I am having is bogging when I accelerate. If I pull the chock out about half way when accelerating, it does fine. Anyone have an idle? I runs great other wise.

Re: 1994 SL 750 Carb. Problem

If you have to pull the choke to get acceleration that means you're cutting air flow to compensate for too little fuel. You need to increase the low speed jets to allow more fuel flow under 1/2 throttle.

KJ

Comment

Suggested setting is 1/2 turn on each I'm @ 3/4 turn now. What would you suggest I try?

Comment

Have you rebuilt your carbs? sounds like maybe debris is in there or the diaphram may be stretched

Comment

No, I have not rebult them. I was hoping that was not the problem. Do I have to pull the motor to get the carbs off?

Comment

No. Read the engine install guide in the tech articles section, it shows you how to get them off.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok, I'll check it out, thanks!

Comment

If the carbs are just like the 95, all you have is six bolts to take off. Mine are 12mm and are kind of tough to get off. The bolt and nut are vertical(the ones you want to take off) and all other bolts go to the manifold. You basically cannot see them but have to feel for them. It's a good idea to get a small mirror so you can see what you are doing. check to see if your oil pump hooks up to your carburetor with a little medal rod. You will need to take this off before getting the carb off. It hooks up inbetween the middle and end carb (toward battery). I unscrewed all my bolts and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get it off until I seen this rod. The rod moves with the throttle to provide more oil when more air let into the engine. Hope this helps

Comment

how did it run before the flame arrestors?

Comment

Take some shop rags and stuff them in the bottom of the hull between the engine and hull. You will lose wrenches tools and the nuts under the motor for sure if you don't.
                    He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Comment

Before the flame arrestors it ran fine.

Comment

As stated you need to rejet for flame arrestors. If you are still running the stock jetting - no amount of playing around witht he screws will help you. Talk to whoever old you the arrestors for recommended jetting or maybe someone here with that setup can tell you.
                        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have the same setup, but a slightly different problem. Mind you that i have not dialed them in perfectly yet, but my low end is actually close to 5/8 turns.
                          My popoff is 15. My highs are out 2.5+, so i am in the process of locating some larger HS jets. Polaris sold an updated FA kit that inclided 102.5mains to replace the 90's that go with the stock air box. That is what i am going to try.

If you are bogging on the bottom, or have any doubts, rebuild and rejet the carbs before you ride any more, otherwise you will blow your engine by running it lean.

Comment

Working...
                          X