slx 750 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slx 750 trouble

got a 750 slx. flying around the lake for about 1/2 hor and all of a sudden seemed like it was missing a cylinder. heading towards shore and it picked up again.turned around kept going and it did it again . kept doing it back and forth so i went to shore and checked my plugs thinking maybe water in gas . lplugs looked fine. took it back out and it ran great for about 10 minutes and it started doing it again. repeated plug check. ok. rode out, did it again, packed it up for the day. looking for advice because i dont want a huge troublshoot bill from a shop. been there ,done that not again. any help from anyone wou;ld be great thanks

Re: slx 750 trouble

check the fuel pickup in the tank. also the fuel lines and filter. maybe water in the gas. if that dosn't fix it, pull and rebuild the carbs. check the reeds while your at it.

Comment

what is the history of the ski? original fuel pump? still using fuel auto-cock shut off?

Comment

i got this ski about a month ago all stock according to previous owner. petcock still used and probably same pump. sounds like good places to start thanks.

Comment

yeah, not the petcock (fuel selector) it's a little 1" do-hicky next to the fuel pump. The original fuel pumps alone are too weak to keep fuel to the #1 cylinder. Check your compression.

Comment

do you know what fuel pump i can upgrade to for this ski ??

Comment

I left my old one on, and purchased the add-on pump from SBT. Works for me. Some people buy a 3-outlet pump. Search for threads on this issue, lots of discussions.

Comment

I just replaced mine with a mikuni 3 output pump from http://www.Heeters.com it has the same bilt pattern as stock and works great. Check the tech section for how to.

Comment

Working...
                X