Power Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Trim

I recently bought my first ski, a 1999 Polaris SLX (1050cc - 120HP). It has a digital display. When I use the power trim button the display indictes that the trim is going up & down but it really isn't. The trim has not moved since got it, three months ago. I have a few questions for anyone who is inclined to offer an answer:

#1 Do these systems break down frequently - (i.e.) is this a weak spot?
    #2 Are they expensive to fix?
    #3 Do they really make a difference in the ride? ( I wouldn't want to be w/o a working trim on my boat but PWCs are different animals) The mechanism is stuck just a bit down from mid point.

Thank you

Alan

Re: Power Trim

I have a 97 sl1050 and i loved to trim, it really improves handling and speed when down and can get you big air when up. I really would recommend having it. Mine broke a couple weeks ago and it was the bar connectiion from the trim motor to the nozzle, the plastic had broke. I dont know how yours looks but that was my problem.

Comment

Re: Power Trim

Fix the trim. On a 1050 SLX-size machine and depending on the attitude of the nozzle it is stuck in, you could be robbing yourself of 5-10 mph

I can't believe you haven't used or needed it. My Pro1200 would be lost without it.

Comment

Working...
      X