drive shaft removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive shaft removal

I am trying to remove the engine on a Polaris 780 SLX and I can't figure out how to remove the drive shaft. I have the engine ready for removal otherwise. Can you please advise me? Thanks.

Re: drive shaft removal

remove the pump

Comment

By removing the jet pump (from the external bolts I'm assuming), I then will pull the drive shaft free or is it connected in any way to the crank shaft?

Comment

Remove the 4 1/2" bolts tht hold the pump together. you don't need to remove the 4 9/16 nuts that hold the housing to the hull. With the 4 smaller screws out, unhook the siphon hoses, and remove the cooling water hose from the big plastic pipe that goes throught the hull. it may take a few taps side to side with a rubber mallet, but the last 2 or 3 pump sections and the driveshaft should come right out the back. Oh yeah, disconnect the steering and trim linkages from the nozzle before removal. If the driveshaft stays in the hull, just yank it ut the back, being careful with the seals. it is not mechanically attached to the engine, other than the splines. you'll see.

Comment

Working...
        X