CDI question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI question

I have a 95 SLT750 which had a 780 motor with a hole in the PTO piston. The CDI is a 75W95 which i belive is for a 750.
    1. could this have caused the hole in the piston?
    2. what is the CDI identification for the 780?

Re: CDI question

I can't believe that personally, perhaps others will know for sure. However, usually a hole in the piston is caused by a lean condition (carb needs rebuilt, or bad-weak fuel pump). Have you yet changed your fuel pump or put the add-on one on? Also, you may wish to bypass the auto-cock valve, mine was bad, not letting enough fuel by the main pump (even though I still added on another pump).

Comment

Originally posted by surveyguy
      I can't believe that personally, perhaps others will know for sure. However, usually a hole in the piston is caused by a lean condition (carb needs rebuilt, or bad-weak fuel pump). Have you yet changed your fuel pump or put the add-on one on? Also, you may wish to bypass the auto-cock valve, mine was bad, not letting enough fuel by the main pump (even though I still added on another pump).
      it has the 780 triple-pump. is there a way to make sure it's pumping out of all three holes correctly?

Comment

anyone???

Comment

Working...
        X