IM a MORON !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM a MORON !!!

YES my son is a moron too, but mainly i am for trusting him to be responsible... ok, we went out and picked up a clean sl900 last night ,a 96, with 25 hours on the clock, then we got in the water today for the first time on it , thing runs out beautifully has the typical polaris box of rocks sound to the motor but better than most ive heard, idles perfect very little hesitation off idle, aound awesome power i was up to 60 in a few seconds (well by their speedo) so im very happy with all of this, then i let the 18 yo son take it out and say "stay away from the shore just go out to the channel markers and run around, its almost low tide" , so what does he do, sees one of his friends on the dock and starts doing donuts on a sand bar 10 feet offshore, :emoticonr needless to say it stopped running right , but unfortunately did not die out completely, so now he gets off the bar and with the bike still running, at full throttle can only go 4-5 miles an hour , so it takes him a good 10 min to get within earshot , before i can scream cut the danm thing off, so we let it sit a couple min and cranked it , ran rough and sputtered for a min , then i hit the powerband and ran it for a good 10 min straight @ about 50 or so, to get the crap out of the water system, but now the motor that sounded almost perfect before is idling very rough ? SO... is there a strainer or something i can clean in case there is still a hang up in there somewhere ?? or any other suggestions... AND ALSO, it has a very small crack on the center cylinder exhaust manifold, it was already there before we got it, and a little water is coming out when it runs, can i get that welded, or are there performance improving aftermarkets out that i should just swap out >? also could this indicative of another problem ? thanks in advance !

Re: IM a MORON !!!

Its probaly running bad from the exhaust leak you are putting fumes inside the hull and it will run like crap! Because its sucking that back into the motor!

Comment

Do a compression test on all three clyinders. Sometimes when water leaks out of the exhaust, it also leaks into the exhaust port and finally, into the motor.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

nah, im telling you the thing ran perrrfect, until this moron incident, and compression is 145 across all 3, but yeah on the crack, can it just be welded or should it be replaced ?

Comment

also , it is only leaking water from what i can tell , its just a very small amount dripping from the crack , with no exhaust blowing it out or anyhting....

Comment

I have no idea without seeing it, but they usually can be welded if the crack is not across a gasket surface.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

ok cool, it is not on the gasket surface, its right where the middle pipe starts to turn into 1 , anyways what would cause that? overheating ? also with this sand incident, i understand that it happens all the time, but he left it running for so long trying to get back in , is there any damage that could have been done from the sand other than just maybe getting overheated ?

Comment

You may also want to check the pump for damage too. Sounds like a lot of sand may have been sucked up and damage to the impellor and wear ring may have occured.

Comment

Working...
                X