Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 SLT 750 Fear the worst

Readers digest version:

Put new rings in ski last week ...oiled it down ..ran through 2 tanks of gas mixed, the first day I had it out. Ran like a dream! The oil tank was for sure running through oil, kept a close eye on that. Second day, put in dry fuel, 3 minutes into running it ...comes to a stop with a THUD. HArd to turn over now, running on only 2 cylinders from what I can tell (no time to check it as of yet). My initial guess is that I blew a cylinder due to oil not getting to one of them...but cannot confirm that at this point, was wondering what you guys thought.

Re: 94 SLT 750 Fear the worst

Sounds to me like you lost a rod, most likely resulting in crank damage. You officially have a very bad problem now. Thuds and bangs out of an engine are never a good thing.

Comment

Sweet! simple stuff is not fun. :)

Comment

Ouch!

Pop the heads off and take a look.

Comment

i may have a good motor from a SL750 here for sale. email me if interested. zig
          please visit my link with pics of my many parts for sale

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/radracingpics/my_photos

email radracingpwc@aol.com

Comment

I will keep you in mind...I will have time tonight to get to the problem ..I will know more then.

Comment

Update: Sand in the water jacket ...piston slightly damaged, not sure how or why yet, but my guess is that I got sand in it when I changed batteries.

Comment

LOL sand in the cooling system only means one thing - some one ran it in very shallow water and sucked up sand and debris.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yes, I think it was when I put the battery in ...I hit the starter to check it and it fired up ..expensive lesson.

Comment

Update:

for those interested. Problems in the crank case, the extent of which I am not sure, I think I can get away without replacing the crank. Lucky I have a good friend mechanic that is helping me through all this.

If I can get off without replacing the crank, I am thinking of juicing this thing up a bit ...bore it and the like, what are some of the things you guys are doing to get more power out of your ski ? I have already ordered the oil blockoff kit, and am putting in a better fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
                    X