Mukuni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mukuni

Where are you guys ordering your Mukini pumps from?

Also, once I figure out my new problem, I am going to put in the oil stopoff, is there a guide here on how to do that? I hear talk of resistors and and whatnot, as you can tell I am very green to engine work. I didn't see a specific installation guide for my model ..94 slt.

Re: Mukuni

Originally posted by Deisel23
    Where are you guys ordering your Mukini pumps from?

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=24320

~or~

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=24324

Also, once I figure out my new problem, I am going to put in the oil stopoff, is there a guide here on how to do that? I hear talk of resistors and and whatnot, as you can tell I am very green to engine work.

The resistor is to fool the sending unit into thinking the oil tank is full so you MFD doesn't keep flashing low oil. If you search it here you will find the proper resistor rating and where to put it.

I didn't see a specific installation guide for my model ..94 slt.
    Haven't done this on mine. Bear in mind if you do it, forget your eyes - its all by feel. The pump is way down under the carb rack - you cant see it unless you use a mirror or pull the motor. That being said - you can get the block off kit from SBT. I don't think it is difficult at all.
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
    Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
    Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

If you pull the carbs, it is a lot easier to get to the oil pump. There is only two bolts to take off, but it is a tight fit. However it can be done pretty easily.

You don't need to actually get a resisitor. What you can do is get a zip tie or something else to keep the oil float device in the highest position.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks a ton. New to this stuff and the littlest info to you is a wealth of knowledge to a guy like me. One more quick question...will the 35 liter one do the trick? Or is the 70 liter the way to go? I have all stock parts, if that makes a diff. I prefer not to get into tuning carbs and the like if I can help it.

Comment

Just my opinion, leave the oil pump on unless you know it is bad. Replace all the lines to and from it and you should be fine. The pump is nearly impossible to remove with the engine in the hull.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks a ton. New to this stuff and the littlest info to you is a wealth of knowledge to a guy like me. One more quick question...will the 35 liter one do the trick? Or is the 70 liter the way to go? I have all stock parts, if that makes a diff. I prefer not to get into tuning carbs and the like if I can help it.
            The triple 35lph is sufficient for a stock application. My ski was already plumbed with two lines into the fuel rail from the prior owner so I went with the dual output. Plus, for just a few bucks more I figured - you cant have too much output.;)
            WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
            Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
            Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

Working...
            X