How hot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot??

How hot should the waterbox/silencer get?

Well, as you may have read in preveous posts, i ve been having trouble with my 93 SL 750. The crossover exhaust tube got too hot and detieriated, and had to be replaced. I assumed it was due to a cooling problem. I have checked all hoses for blockages, and all are clear. Tonight it put it in the water, and checked again. Everything appeared to be working right, i had good flow on the intake tube, water flowed out the manifold, towds the thermostat, and the exhaust tube stayed nice and cool. The silencer on the other hand got too hot to touch, after about 5 min. of run time still on the trailer. You can see in the hull, where it got so hot at one point it melted the foam in the hull. What could cause this? Is the silencer bad? Is it cooled somehow??

I then pulled the plugs, and they looked strange to me. #1 was yellowish, and slightly brown, and #'s 2 & 3 were very clean, but the prongs, not the electrodes were red in color. Does this mean anything?

Re: How hot??

Something in the fuel is causeing the deposits on the plugs?

Thats too hot. You have a cooling issue somewhere. Blocked fitting or pinced/cracked line.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

If something were blocked, then why is the exhaust pipe cool to the touch???

Comment

Is there supposed to be water flowing from the exhaust throught the coupler, and into the waterbox on a 93 SL750? And if so, where does that water come into the system?.....Or how else is the silencer cooled?

Comment

there should be a water inlet hose connected near the bottom of your exhaust pipe from the back of you haul, in the pipe there should be an orfice there, make sure thats clean, check that hose to make sure it hasn't collapsed and make sure the fitting from the hose to the pipe there is clean and clear that will make the exhaust hoses hot if its clogged

Comment

all is clear , and there is good water flow out of the hose.

Comment

On 1993's there are internal cooling passages in the exhaust pipe. On 1994 and above the exhaust cooling is external and has a filter screen orifice. Check the internal passages in your exhaust pipe. You will have to remove it and check the internal passages.

Comment

Ok, i understand that, but im still wondering if the silencer is supposed to get water into it?

Comment

Yes it is called a waterbox

Comment

Working...
                  X