Schrader valve for fogging engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schrader valve for fogging engine

Cold weather will soon be here in the Midwest and it's time for my to start thinking about winterizing the ski. Right now, the only method I have to fog my engine is take off the breather cover and spray fogging oil directly into the carb throats. This is not the most ideal situation.

Bombardier (and other boat engine manufacturers) make spray cans that have a fitting for Schrader valves. Is it possible to insert a T-fitting with a Schrader valve in my fuel line between the shutoff valve and the fuel pump that would allow me to attach one of these cans? That seems like the most effective way to ensure I'm getting an even amount of fogging oil in all the carbs and cylinders.

If this is not a good method I'm open to any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
    KJ

Re: Schrader valve for fogging engine

That's a great way to lean out the engine and possibly damage it. Fogging oil does NOT go in the fuel supply or get metered by the carbs. There is absolutely no problem with going through the carbs - it is EXACTLY the point of fogging, to coat the internals, crank bearings especially.

I don't know who told you it's not the ideal solution, but they were dead wrong.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If spraying in the carb throats is an acceptable method, then I'm fine with that. I was just thinking if I followed the directions on the can it says to spray for 5 seconds on each cylinder. If I started at the MAG, by the time I finished with the PTO I was concerned that much of the fogging oil may be washed out by the fuel/oil mixture.

The other thing that got me thinking about the Schrader valve was this fogging oil system that's available for my ski.
      http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...FOGGING-SYSTEM

Where does this connect with the fuel system?

Like I said, if spraying in the throats is fine, then that's what I'll do. I was just trying to make it a single point system to simplify fogging the engine.

KJ

Comment

All that does is use a primer pump to inject oil as a heavy pre-mix. Not the same as fogging oil. They also stopped using it in a big hurry.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

That's what I needed to know. I'll just stick to the old method. Anyway, pulling the arrestor cover isn't that big of a deal.

KJ

Comment

Working...
          X