Finally Got -er Running Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Got -er Running Good

Finally got my maching put back together and running good , I was having a problem where I didn't have any top end wouldn't go over 45-5000 rpms. I pulled the engine to check to make sure the flywheel didn't spin and it was fine, resealed the exhaust manifold and intakes, there was a little black soot on the exhaust pipe, and I rebuilt the carbs, the only thing I found was the diaphrams in the carbs were a little streched, I think that wsa the problem and I wanted to make sure everything else was okay it has been sitting for 2 years, I replaced all the fuel lines and oil filter and gas tank vents.

what I have done is
    '96 sl900

milled heads from Hot Seat Performance
    CDI box from Hot Seat
    Cylinders been mildly ported
    exhaust and intake manifolds been ported and polished
    V force reeds
    welded crank
    removed the thermostat and pop off spring
    decresed the orfice in the exhaust pipe
    removed chokes from carbs and smoothed carbs out
    Chopper city flame arrestor cover
    Hot Seat water box
    6 vane stainless steel stator
    nu jet prop
    Adjust A Thrust cone
    6 degree wedge
    OP ride plate
    scoop intake grate

hydro turf seat cover
    chopper city sponsons
    different grips
    and put on a finger throttle

went out last night, this thing flies spinning 7100 rpms still tuning in the adjust a thrust, I have to bore out the exit and steering nozzles thats the next step I have to strap on a gps to see what top end numbers I'm getting, it pulls hard I'd like to run some new supercharged machines see how it goes, being my maching is alot lighter I think I can smoke 'em:emoticonc , I just wish it was earlier in the season.
Working...
X